For some it seems that gaining any level of Microsoft Partnership is a complicated and requires heavy investment hopefully this post will help someone out there with gaining their Microsoft Small Business Partnership. The requirements for becoming a Microsoft Small Business Partner are quite straight forward, in fact if you are already an active Microsoft Partner with the right competency you may already meet the requirements. To help you get started New Horizons and Microsoft Ireland will give you a free exam voucher for Exams #70-653 (SBS 2008) and Exam #70-654 (EBS 2008) these must be taken before May 31, 2010, numbers are limited and are on a first come first served basis and there are also courses available that are part funded by Microsoft Ireland you pass your exam on the first go.
Step by Step how to become a Microsoft SBS Partner/registered member
1. If you are a Registered Member, Certified Partner, or Gold Certified Partner, skip to step 2. If you are not yet a Registered Member, Certified Partner, or Gold Certified Partner, enrol now.
To become a Registered Member:
1. Sign in with your Windows Live ID (if you do not have a Windows Live ID, create one now).
2. Tell Microsoft about you and your company.
3. Agree to Microsoft’s terms and conditions.
To become a Certified Partner or Gold Certified Partner:
1. If you do not have a Windows Live ID, create one now.
2. Sign in to the Partner Membership Centre, by using your Windows Live ID.
3. Complete your partner profile and accept the Microsoft Partner Network agreement.
4. Earn 50 Partner Points. (Can be gained by the certifications you and your staff hold, client referances etc)
5. Pay the Microsoft Partner Network fee.
3. Complete the Small Business Sales and Marketing Assessment. (Free to take)
4. Pass any of five technical exams.
- 70-653: TS: Windows Small Business Server 2008, Configuring (Free as above)
- 70-654: TS: Windows Essential Business Server 2008, Configuring (Free as above)
- 70-236 TS: Exchange Server 2007, Configuring
If you have any comments or suggestions to help aspiring Microsoft Partners please leave them below.
To book a free SBS 2008 exam, or a Microsoft Sponsored course or to find out more please do not hesitate to contact me today:
Phone: 01 8898702
Mail: alan.deery at newhorizonsireland.com