Straight forward review of Windows 8 from our Instructor Haitham Shatta.
After 3 months of using Windows 8 these are the pros and cons that I found….
- MUCH FASTER than Windows 7 “using the same hardware”.
- It looks more professional than Windows 7.
- Once you pass the shock stage and start to work with the start metro, it actually makes life much easier than the old menu!
- I used to do it windows 7 and kept doing it here “ just search” when you want to do anything.
- The integration with MS cloud is really nice “as a .Net account”.
- More free tested apps you can work with.
- Build-in Hyper-V capabilities.
Some of the cons
- The search is only for Metro apps “you cannot use it to search outlook for example”.
- Limited ways of customizing the metro.
- You will need 2 monitors to work probably with it, but I think it’s becoming more important these days to have two monitors for work PCs.
- Domain / local account still needs live account to access the store.
- Cannot run Windows 2008 or 2008 R2 Hyper-V VM! This is not good.
- Harder to simply close apps.
- When I link my Facebook account to the mail app, it automatically like the photos , calendar , friends , etc! That is something I think they should change.
But I have to say, over all, I am very happy with it.
If you have any questions on Windows 8 feel free to post them here or join the conversation in our student Alumni:
You may be interested in these courses: