We are currently accepting requests for places on our free Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) Seminar running here in New Horizons, Dublin 1 on Tuesday 28th October.
There are two sessions on that date to accommodate delegates:
- Tuesday 28th October – 1pm to 3pm
- Tuesday 28th October – 6pm – 8pm
New Horizons Ireland Security Seminar
Information Security is dynamic and constantly evolving to meet the challenges of emerging threats.
Understanding the best practices and configuration recommendations of your system vendors may give you peace of mind; however, this provides little understanding in how those who break the rules view your systems.
Ethical hacking is about breaking the rules. The rules are broken (with permission) in order to understand system vulnerabilities and how those vulnerabilities can be exploited. The reasons systems are exploited vary as much as the motivations of those who hack them. However in ethical hacking is hacking without malice. The ethical hacker breaks the rules in order to understand the opportunities malicious hackers have to enter your systems, steal your information and possibly even own your system to attack someone else.
Michael Stout has been breaking the rules since the 1980’s. As a teenager in California he discovered a serious oversight in major American telecommunications system allowing him to gain access to the core system and generate calling card numbers without being associated with billing accounts.
Hacking has always been passion of his and led to a successful career in IT and IT management in the US before moving to Europe and advising dotcom startups in the late 1990s. After 9/11, he shifted his consultancy to information security and over the last number of years has been involved in developing mitigation strategies for businesses exposed to cyber-warfare threats. Taking a risk base approach and working with key stake holders, he educates his clients in ethical hacking so they are able to prevent their systems from being directly attacked or becoming collateral damage in someone else’s conflict.
In this interactive two-hour seminar, participates will get a comprehensive overview of the current threats to information security. Participants will be introduced to the various hacker mindsets and taken through professional hacking methodology. There will be hands-on opportunities for participants to try the same techniques used by professional hackers to gather information on people and target systems.
The seminar will end with a question and answer time as well as an overview of the security trainings offered by New Horizons Ireland and Michael Stout.
- The Battle Space
- An overview of the current state of the Internet and the various threats that lurk in cyber space.
- The Methodology
- Information security professionals use methodologies. The same methods can be used by professional hackers to spy on your system, mine it for information and potentially own it to use to attack others.
- Hands-on: Reconnaissance and Gathering Information
- Participants will be given a hands-on opportunity to try various Internet-based techniques to gather information on people and systems.
- Hands-on: Scanning Networks
- Participants will be given the opportunity to hone their skills on scanning a network and identifying vulnerabilities to exploit.
- Current Threats & Questions
- The seminar will end with an overview of the latest hacking events and how they worked, the impact they had and what can be learned from the attacks. The seminar will close with questions and answers.
Places are limited, so If you would like to attend, please contact us as soon as possible.
If you have any further questions, please contact us at 01 8898700.
You may be interested in our Information Security Courses:
- CompTIA Security+
- CompTIA Social Media Security Professional (SMSP)
- Certified Information Security Systems Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Computer Hacking Forensics Investigator (CHFI)
- VMware® vCloud Networking & Security for vSphere Professionals v5.5
- CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP)
- Cisco® Implementing Cisco® IOS Network Security v2.0 (IINS)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Information Security Courses with Symantec